The First Dental Visit
To put you and your child at ease, we offer:
- A warm, caring staff that will welcome you and your child as soon as you walk in the door.
- Toys and age-appropriate programming to entertain your child before his/her appointment.
- A TV on the ceiling with age-appropriate programming to entertain your child during his/her visit.
- Rewards for a job well done!
The first dental visit is the foundation of a growing relationship between our dental office and your child. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a child’s first dental visit should be scheduled by the first birthday.
At the new patient appointment the dentist and staff teach your child to be comfortable with dentistry by explaining the procedures and demonstrating the equipment in a child-friendly way. We will emphasize the importance of good oral hygiene at home. The visit will include a thorough oral examination, x-rays if required, a cleaning, and fluoride application.
A complete review of your child’s medical health and any special needs or concerns will be addressed. More complicated procedures, such as fillings, should be done at a later visit after your child has become familiar with the office.
At the end of the visit, your child will receive stickers, a prize, toothbrush, and toothpaste. We look forward to your visit and to meeting you and your child.
Services include (but are not limited to):
- Exams and cleanings
- Proper maintenance with regular checkups
- Cavity prevention using fluoride treatments
- Decay prevention with sealants
- Restoration (fillings) of teeth with cavities
- Space Maintenance
- Nitrous Oxide (“laughing gas”) for your child’s comfort
- Emergency Care
- In-office sedation dentistry in conjunction with a licensed Dentist Anesthesiologist